Thursday, June 12, 2008

Me and My Women #1 - C

Lesson learned from this woman:
Feelings are not the only thing of importance.
This story is one of the first ever, including me and a woman. I got to know C on a holiday trip with one of my best friends G and a few other people. C and her boyfriend were with us aswell. I can't say I was interested in her straight away, but halfway through the holidays I got to know her a little better, and we found a certain charme in each other. Even though she was with her boyfriend, we'd hang out, start holding hands secretly etc. I was ~15 back then, so that was pretty special to me. At the end of this holiday she decided she had made a mistake, doing what she had done, and wanted to solve the whole thing with her boyfriend first.

Though, after only two days of being back at home we started talking via phone for hours on end. She quit the
relationship with her boyfriend, which was all in all a pretty rough story. We met each other a few times, but never got it properly rolling. This was mainly my fault, because for some reason I stopped contacting her. Oh boy, was I stupid. We met in school rather regularly, but it wasn't as it was before. Only a few months later she was involved again with another guy. Our contact completely vanished.

Atleast a year afterwards we randomly met again, when I planned to go on a skiing trip and she and her still-boyfriend and a few others were there aswell. I mentioned there how I still liked her. But of course I also knew I was too late. We had a fun week, and stayed in touch afterwards. Her relationship wasn't as rosy as she had wished it to be. Her boyfriend lied to her consistently and even started cheating on her. Though for some reason she stood up for him and kept coming back. I helped her numerous times through hard times back then. This made us good friends. Finally she left her boyfriend, after three years of lies and cheating, and was a happy single, so she says.

After Australia, after M left me, C and I found support in each others arms. I was still attracted to her, she seemed to be a little staggering. I can't say it was a proper try, but it was a good time we had back then, even though it broke apart fairly quickly. Another half year later we met again, and for some reason the whole thing between us started sparking again. I thought I wanted her, she was cautious, I was drunk, we kissed (which I barely remember), then argued the next day and finally decided that we should stay friends, and not ever have such a thing again, because it keeps making us depressed. By now C is in a fresh relationship. I must admit though, when I meet her, I do feel sparks in my body.

No comments: