Thursday, August 17, 2006

Playing the Games #1

Motto of speedrunning:
Speedrunning is like getting laid, now don't ask me what I mean by saying that
Damn have I had alot of fun in the past days. I restumbled upon a website called SDA (Speed Demos Archive), which is basically a place where gamers meet to beat games in the fastest way possible. I, as a big gaming fan, have had several tries of 'running' games, but never really intended to finish them. But when I looked at the Games Overview of that page I saw that there was still no Command & Conquer 4: Red Alert 2 run - one of my (if not the) favorite games ever.

So I decided to enter the forums and ask whether there was any interest in such a run, and quickly found a nice pal called TheVoid who was gonna help me as competitor improve routes/paths/times. Big thanks to TheVoid at this place. We are still running and running, only having 5 missions (of 25 I think) complete, and we are getting better, and better and better. Check out this thread if you are interested in videos/tactics/times.

M is away for a week, I guess I have time to finish the CNC run. Yay.

Getting hooked up with a driver's license in the next few weeks. Wish me and the pedestrians luck.

So long.

Cheers,
Franz

No comments: