Thursday, December 07, 2006

Welcome Home #5

Motto of the day:
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
Great.
Just plain great.

You sit there, think you have everything under control, and BAM, life moprhes back into the bitch it usually is.

Drivers license before Australia? Hah, good luck with that, you RETARD. For clarification:
In Germany, if you are trying to attain the drivers license, you have to have certain certificates for you to be allowed to do it. Franz, as the idiot I am, thinks 'Hey, no need to rush it, you do some theory classes, make the certificates right before the theory-test, then go start with the practice. The certificates will be approved before I have to do my practice-test.'. Well thought buddy, but you should've wasted a few more thoughts on it, and could've come to the conclusion, that it is better to double-check that, and see if it actually works that way, because in reality, nothing is as simple as you'd want it to be.

Fact is, I just got my certificates, passed em on to my driving instructor, and all he's got to say to it is 'Yeah well, you have accomplished your theory-classes quota, you can lay back for a few weeks, while the certificates get approved, then you can go ahead and do your theory-test. I thought he was joking, but yeah, like i said, life usually is a bitch.

I am going to call the local department and ask them to speed up the whole process for this one time, because I am leaving Germany for a while in January. My hopes are, that some random pencil-pusher will have mercy and actually do something for his money. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Another thing that went wrong?
Oh yeah, the booking of my flight. I send em my account details, turns out my bank-account is not applicable for direct debiting system. This means more costs and more time invested - and more nerves. Grmbl.

I'm grumpy right now.
Fuck german bureaucracy.

Cheers,
Franz

No comments: