Friday, September 22, 2006

Catching up with Business #1

Motto of this chapter:
Besser arm dran als Arm ab!
Updates have been slacking, I know, but I do have an excuse. On 08-24-06 I had a heavy accident with severe injuries on my right forearm.

I was out with my dog at around 10:45 p.m. and had to cross a construction site from the german railway company. The construction site was not secured, and I thought it wouldnt be too bad. So I walked over it in the dark, tripped and fell, and landed with my right arm on the sharp edge of a metal-plate, and had it cut open from my wrist to my elbow. It was a deep cut, a sinew was torn and I was missing a good portion of skin on my forearm. The doctors fixed me up with Transplants of sinews and skin, and I had to stay in the hospital for 7 days.
Since then I've been wearing heavy bandages and gypsum on my right arm, which made typing and handling the mouse quite hard. And that is, why I could barely write any updates. The bandages and the gypsum are gone, and I am recovering rather fastish.

I have 2 pictures of my forearm, but you should only take a look, if you can handle it. It does look yuc:

The place, where the heavy injuries are, around 60 stings were needed to fix it.
The place, where the skin for the transplantation was taken from. It is infected now.

Now that I got rid of the gypsum and the bandages, I will try to bring the news that happened during the period of time when I couldn't write.

So long.
Take care.
Don't take your dog for a walk, if it's dark outside.

Cheers,
Franz

No comments: